[Novalug] [Dclug] OSSinAction

Sun Mar 7 14:23:42 EST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Rich Goodwin
> HRM (OrangeHRM) CRM (SugarCRM and/or opencrx) Project Management
> (dotProject) OpenOffice Wiki (Mediawiki) Blog (Wordpress) Forums (phpBB)
> Content Management

One quick note..

I used to be a dotproject core contributor and split a couple years
back when the patch-level releases started coming every 12-18 months.
Luckily, the half of the team that split (myself included) forked
dotProject to create web2project. Since then, we've shifted to a major
release annually (each June) and minor releases each quarter. In the
past year, we cut 30% of the code, improved performance by 20-50x,
added over 150 features and fixes, added over 200 Unit Tests, and
provided an upgrade path from dotProject.

While we're still underway with a major UI cleanup (scheduled for the
June release), I think it's a better overall option.

And yes, it's still 100% GPL.

Main site: http://web2project.net/
Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/web2project/
Stats:  http://www.ohloh.net/p/web2project
Git Repository: http://github.com/caseysoftware/web2project

If you have questions/comments, feel free to drop me a note.

Thanks,
keith

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.