[Novalug] Picnic by Committee ws Re: Volunteer for LinuxPicnic?

Dave Aronson tux2dave@davearonson.com
Thu Jun 24 14:25:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 14:13, Bonnie Dalzell <bdalzell@qis.net> wrote:

> Attendees bring food. If enough attendees no need to co-ordinate who
> brings what as surprise is actually a lot of fun.

Agreed!  This is exactly the strategy I've used many times in my
Toastmasters club, and in the "Area" (group of about five clubs) when
I was in charge of that.  Especially if you state a preference for,
for instance, home-made ethnic specialties, you can get an amazing
variety of yummy and interesting food.  Best of all, if everybody
brings more than they intend to eat, you're guaranteed to have enough
for everybody... without even having to plan!  What's not to love?
:-)

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson - Have Pun, Will Babble | Work: davearonson.com | /\ ASCII