[Novalug] project proposals

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Tue Jun 22 14:10:50 EDT 2010

I vote for a Wiki.

Some of what you mention seems like A Lot of Work. I think it's pretty
cool to collect and post links, because that shares our experience, and
some of those we find somewhat randomly.

I'd also like to see lists of good and/or bad books.

Perhaps some of our own Tips and Tricks could go there too.

As for your Kernel Book, anything beyond the existing books probably
falls into a Personal Journey. You'd have to Walk the Path, writing
code, contributing and collaborating to get that kind of Knowledge and
Experience.

But in any case, I would master the existing books first.

Finally, I will note that the original Lions paper on V6 UNIX has been
republished.

JIM