[Novalug] screensaver takes over, or hibernate ?

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 12:50:32 EDT 2010

list,

A few weeks ago, I posted about a manual update of
the kernel went OK, but the desktop update did not.
I backtracked the desktop.
rpm -e newversion :  rpm -i "oldversion"

Anyway, for the second day in a row, at noon ( apparently )
my PC was in screensaver mode ( blank), and would not
"come back".  During the evening yesterday, as the screensaver came on,
it worked OK: pressing some key brought the desktop back.

I assume screensaver mode.  BUT  I just now
changed the screen saver from blank to floating bubbles so
I can tell tomorrow if that is the problem tomorrow.

Today and yesterday, it was necessary to go to virt term ctrl-F1
and kill Xorg.  Then the Xwindows system auto-restarted and I got my
normal desktop login.  Worked OK, the rest of the evening, and
this morning after a 10 hour wait.  Then at noon, crap !!!

I went to :
System  ->   Prefernces  -> Screensaver,
and everything "Seems" OK.   I changed the blank screensaver
to bubbles.

same menu gui
ON AC power  ->  "put computer to sleep"
is set to "never".

where else to fix ??  Will find if tomorrow at noon, there
is some "time" related issue.

thx,