[Novalug] Clear WiMax?

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 14:28:03 EDT 2010

Clear is claiming 3-6 Mbits, which is pretty fast, not quite FIOS but fast enough for video.  They have the system running out here in Reston and Herndon but won't market it for a few months.  You can order it now if you work in a coverage area and use that address when you sign up.  They have some nice combo plans - you can get a home modem and a usb adapter for $55 per month.

*** shameless plug: I will be selling Clear through my business, Friendly Computers, so if you are thinking of ordering, please consider helping a local business and order from us ***

Igor

________________________________
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
To: NOVALUG list <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Sent: Tue, June 8, 2010 11:52:07 AM
Subject: [Novalug] Clear WiMax?

Does anyone here have WiMax service from Clear?  Is it comparable to a cable modem?  I got an offer in the mail yesterday for internet service through them and their online coverage map shows I should get coverage in the next three months.

Comcast just raised my monthly bill 40% for internet service and so I am keen to look at lower cost alternatives that are not Verizon.

jf