[Novalug] [OT] Verizon problems - advice?

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Tue Jun 8 11:14:29 EDT 2010

On 06/08/2010 10:49 AM, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:

> Anyone have similar problems recently. Any idea of what is going
> on. Why are the robots not working correctly?

Because they are busy working on their plan to take over the world.

There are alternates to your ILEC but really since the ILEC owns the
lines/equipment, in most cases the alternate is really just a buffer
between you and them. In many cases this is a good thing. I know lots of
people that are happier dealing with a small CLEC provider even though
things arent any faster/better for repairs, the end user doesn't have to
deal with the ILEC directly.

Is Cavalier Telephone in your area? I know people that use them and were
happy with their customer service. Yes, its still a Verizon line on the
pole but at least you don't have to deal with the robots ;-)

Nick