[Novalug] [Ma-linux] FIOS available: should I?

Soren Harward stharward@gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 19:56:27 EDT 2010

On Sat 24 July 2010 13:42:12 John Holland wrote:
> I came to the conclusion that their router did a bad job of DNS
> (performance wise) and my son noticed improved network game performance
> when we switched to a commercial router (DLINK Dir-825)

The DNS problem isn't with the router.  It's with Verizon's nameservers.
Their DNS sucks no matter what router you use, or even whether you have FiOS,
Wireless Broadband, or DSL.  I've been using OpenDNS very happily with Verizon
DSL (and now FiOS) for a couple of years.  Give it a shot.

--
Soren Harward
stharward@gmail.com