[Novalug] FIOS available: should I?

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 07:46:04 EDT 2010

I assume ya meant FiOS has way more channels...to me, Cox IS cable.  That said,
I have a question about HDTV.  I've heard that the cable people reduce
the quality
of HDTV (compression or sumpin) so that FiOS give better HDTV viewing.  Has
this been your experience?  I don't personally care, but FiOS is
rolling out bigtime
here in Greenbelt, and I'm bombarded with similar questions as a local techie.

Oddly enough, it seems that more people here want to switch from DSL to FiOS
due to cwappy DSL service.  Cable is obviously much newer than copper, so its
infrastructure hasn't degraded as much.

Me?  I'm still hoping against hope for a community-based WiFi system.

Ed James