[Novalug] CentOS

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Wed Jul 21 20:19:16 EDT 2010

OK, I was going to use ubuntu for updating my email/web server to an OS from
this century.  However, I must say that I like the look/feel of Fedora 13 so
much I'm considering using CentOS instead for my new server install.

Downloaded CentOS 5.5 network install.

Will I be able to get support for this version for 2-4 years out, updates,
patches, etc.  I'd like to get at least 3 full years before I have to upgrade
again.

>From the RHEL site, the following support option was stated:

"A stable future: Every major version provides stable application interfaces
and seven years of product support."

With RHEL 5 coming out in 2007, I assume at least another 3.5 years of support
will be maintained for RHEL 5, moving me into 2014.  Does support for v5.5 go
longer then this?

Comments, opinions, gripes, complaints, congrats????

Jay