[Novalug] Novalug.org

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Fri Jul 2 16:58:35 EDT 2010

On 7/1/2010 5:17 PM, The Doctor wrote:

>> P.S. I would think that your list of "area codes" would be a lot bigger :)
>>
> The PSTN hasn't been around for /that/ long, and BBSes much less than
> that.  Now, if you were talking netblocks I could go up to 512 bits.
> But when dealing with archailects, are they really the Internet and not
> something entirely different? :)

Oh come now, I am sure there are millions of races thruout the galaxy
whose Telephone Systems are billions of years old.

And then there is the Judoon, where every other number is a zero :)

JIM

P.S. If it isn't clear from the 900 year comment, I'll be riffing off
you being The Doctor from time to time, most notably in the content-free
threads. No area codes on Gallifrey? The Ood planet?
Raxicoricofallapatorius? Adipose 3? New Earth? Skaro? Sycorax? Sontar?
Or The Lost Moon of Poosh?

Something like this perhaps:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raxacoricofallapatorius#R