[Novalug] how to stop packagekitd ??

Peter Larsen plarsen@famlarsen.homelinux.com
Wed Feb 24 01:58:05 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 00:55 +0000, Bryan J Smith wrote:

> One, Firefox updates aren't related to PackageKit. On
> Linux systems, you should _never_ be prompted to
> update Firefox by Firefox. As far as plug-ins, you likely
> can_not_ install them as you are not root (add-ons are
> a different story). Linux works very differently, and
> is more secure than Windows.

Actually, not true. Firefox has a "local" home on linux where plugins by
the user is placed. You can of course install plugins via root so ALL
users on your linux box has access to the plugin. But the default is for
the current user only.

--

Best Regards
  Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
I finally went to the eye doctor.  I got contacts.  I only need them to
read, so I got flip-ups.
		-- Steven Wright