[Novalug] dumb question

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Thu Feb 11 20:27:16 EST 2010

On Fri, 2/12/10, Kevin Starkey <kevin.linuxfan@gmail.com> wrote:
> right-click or your text document
> then choose: Open with>other
> application>OpenOffice.org Spreadsheet
> then it should be straightforward from there.

Man, that is even better!

Under GNOME-Nautilus desktop-filer, it was "OpenOffice.org Calc"
for me.  And it ensured it read even a .txt file in a delimited
context under Calc (and automagically figured out the delimiting)
and didn't send it off to Writer.  Excellent!  Never tried that
before.

And it now remembers that as an "Other Application" in the 2nd
level of GNOME-Nautilus too (without having to pick it from
dialog).  I guess I don't use my built-in desktop-filer logic
effectively like many others.  ;)