[Novalug] what are cids??

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Mon Feb 8 14:56:44 EST 2010

It's a way that Outlook embeds inline images that are attached to the e-mail rather than images served up from a website.  Thunderbird, Outlook and Apple Mail will show the image, other clients such as Gmail and Yahoo will strip them or show them as the CID code.  Apparently, your ISPs webmail and Alpine also show the code, not the image.

jf