[Novalug] FOSE TV Intetrview Follow Up

Rich Goodwin Rich.Goodwin@cox.net
Mon Feb 1 14:20:56 EST 2010

OK.  I will be getting a call to talk with TV World's President.  CJ, a
wonderfully engagable lady, was rather excited in the concept of OSS and
what I described we are looking to do - to demo a tux.org enterprise
based on FLOSS.  She will route me to the President to see if there
could be some exchange as opposed to ou buying time.

In preparation for the talk, I need bullets for the classic elevator
speech.  These will be wrapped up into Suit-speak for marketing
purposes.  I hope to dispel Mr. Smith's point about marketing (responses
to this should be relabelled and made a separate thread) by espousing
FLOSS.

Topics to start with:

1.  Procurement Costs are zero
2.  Data in formats the organization can use and manipulate at its will
3.  Software adherence to international standards for interoperability
      * Interoperability comes first
      * Features (vice Fee-tures) come second
4.  Systems architected to minimize additional resources
      * Going against SharePoint here
        - corps must buy SharePoint AND MS-SQL Server - still true??
5.  ROI costs lower
      * No procurement costs
      * No recurring licenses
      * Simplified back-ends simplifies costs