[Novalug] 8 pair or 12 pair Cat5e cables

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Tue Dec 21 03:12:59 EST 2010

On Dec 20, 2010, at 1:48 AM, Peter Larsen wrote:
> I'm not sure if I've seen just a bundle of cat5e/cat6 together, but in
> the structured wiring world it's quite common to have cables composite
> with both cat5/6 and coax, ie.
> http://www.broadbandutopia.com/belhomcomcab.html

I've used similar cables in a previous residence, two CAT5(e?) + 2 RG6.  It made running cable everywhere so very easy, and hooking up satellite or cable TV trivial.

In a past life, I've manually braided 6' lengths of CAT5 together when we were setting up a bonded network interface.  It doesn't bend as well as a single cable, but it did make cable management easier.

jf