[Novalug] VMs and Security (Nick Danger)

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Sat Dec 4 22:30:26 EST 2010

Nick,

Yes: the personal info that gets sync-ed by Win running as a guest in a VM
under Ubuntu.

John's reply makes me understand that the data can be seen.

So, if I want to truly secure it, I guess I'll have to stick it in an
encrypted folder and open that every time I want to sync or view the data. I
don't want to encrypt the whole .vdi.

Thanks for thinking on this.

Now I better go upstairs - the wife thinks I'm still generating Christmas card
mailing labels! (She really thinks I'm addicted to computers. I just tell her
it's a hobby.)

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com