[Novalug] Importing VirtualBox Appliances

John Holland jbholland@gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:57:05 EST 2010

If you don't have a fast connection (100Mbs Ethernet is not fast for
this) it may take a little while, depending on the size of the virtual
disk. Of course it would be something you could walk away from and leave
running til it finished.

(100 M bits per sec is often more like 10 M bits per sec in practice)
- a 10 GB disk image is 10,000 x 8* M bits so in that case it would be
8000 seconds or somewhere over 100 minutes.)   very ballpark of course.

* bytes to bits