[Novalug] Building a killer machine

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Thu Dec 2 16:02:41 EST 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Mark Witczak wrote:

> Doesn't anyone use ZipZoomFly.com for their components anymore?

I keep forgetting about ZZF.  Nominally, Microcenter and NewEgg are the only two places I check, but ZipZoomFly and Buy.com are also two good places to check.  My biggest problem with Microcenter is the 45 minute drive from Sterling to get there.

If you have a Costco (or other wholesaler) membership, you can often find cheaper deals there, albeit more on accessories than components.  Case in point, this week Costco has a two terabyte (2TB) external Seagate FlexGo for $99.  I've also gotten a UPS and an OfficeJet from there as cheap or cheaper than I could online.

I was hoping HHGregg would have better prices, but doing a cursory scan of their site, they seem to be as bad as Best Buy or OfficeMax.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin@elfie.org