[Novalug] tablets

Ken Kauffman kkauffman@headfog.com
Thu Dec 2 13:17:35 EST 2010

I'm using a Lenovo X200T with extended battery.   A large portion of the
tablet's weight is battery as a result.

It is not officially supported by Lenovo, but I am running 8GB of DDR3 RAM
in it and upgraded to a 320GB/7200RPM drive.  At the time the X201T was
available but I picked the older model since the processor uses less power
than a mobile i-Core.

I find that I do not use the tablet functions as much because I'd like the
profile to be lower (height of writing surface to desk surface).  However,
in a pinch I can sketch a design.   I have run a few flavors of Linux on it
to see how it worked and seemed to work great.   I find the 13" format to be
very acceptable.

Ultimately, I had to move back to Windows 7 (x64) so that I could run
Project, Visio and Quicken.  Now I run my Linux distros through VMware
Workstation on top of Windows (hence the big memory bump).