[Novalug] Anybody care to run linux on a Sparc processor ?? -- If so I'll give you an Sun Ultra 60

Miles D. Oliver miles.d.oliver@gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 09:26:25 EST 2010

There's probably no interest but I'll throw it out.

I've got a Sun Ultra 60 in the closet just gathering dust.  I've also
got an Ultra 1 sitting there too.

In case any of you are interested in playing with Linux or Solaris on
this equipment I want to find homes for it.

Ultra 60 -

2 450mhz processors
2 spare 300mhz processors
512MB memory
2 36GB SCSI drives
CDROM
Sun Keyboard

Ultra 1-

1 167Mhz processor
128MB memory
2 9GB SCSI drives
No Sun keyboard.

1 Sun SCSI HD external enclosure and SCSI cable
1 SUN DDS2 tape drive and enclosure (no tapes)
1 4GB SCSI drive

No monitors and have enough power cords for it.

My schedule is such that I can't always get to meetings, I live in
Winchester VA but work for Sprint in Reston VA during the week.

If you are interested in any of it contact me off list and I can
arrange to meet you at the Sprint campus (I carpool, no way to
deliver) to give it to you.

Miles D. Oliver.