[Novalug] LVM query

Peter Larsen plarsen@famlarsen.homelinux.com
Tue Aug 31 13:25:09 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 01:12 -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> I only did one test of how stable external USB drives would
> be in a LVM setting.  I pulled one USB cable, shutdown the
> system, pulled the other USB cable and swapped which
> connector they were plugged into.  When I rebooted the
> USB FS would not mount.  It reported an error like there
> was no FS on the drive.  I attempted an fsck which did
> not proceed until I gave it an option to use an alternate
> superblock.  After that the filesystem mounted correctly.

Jon,
did you change/set the lvm.conf file to scan for usb devices? By default
it will not do that, and hence it will not automatically mount them.

--
Best Regards
  Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi $i done" in a GUI?
	-- Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces