[Novalug] Something Went Right

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Sat Aug 28 11:57:44 EDT 2010

Yesterday, I updated OpenSuse 11.2 to 11.3 (64 bits) and I'm happy to report
it was the smoothest transition ever. A bunch of KDE bugs have been squashed
and I haven't stumbled across any major problems - just a couple of minor
gripes.

All of my settings carried across with no problems. The printing problem where
it always defaulted to A4 paper size is gone. Now all the KDE programs look at
my preferences and use Letter size.

My monitor is recognized and I have 1600x900 resolution. None of my third
party software got trashed.

I'm having a problem with mplayer. It defaults to a small window and expanding
the window leaves the image at the same size surrounded by a black border.
That cropped up in 11.2 and remains to be fixed.

I lost a couple of minor aps that aren't in this distribution, but there are
adequate replacements. In general, I'm very pleased.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.