[Novalug] Possible replacement of a Shuttle motherboard

cmhowe@patriot.net cmhowe@patriot.net
Tue Aug 24 13:20:18 EDT 2010

List.

The connectivity problem that I have asked about is in connection with my
using the computer I call Black. Now I am asking for advice about my other
computer, my Shuttle. That is what it is called.

It stopped working a few weeks ago. I have decided to get it working. I
took it to a small computer shop in Landmark Mall. Basically, it is a one
man shop. The owner hangs around a bit also but doesn't contribute
anything to the tech end. They are both Ethiopian. I am making some
headway in introducing them to Linux.

Mola, the tech, looked at the Shuttle (at no cost), and has figured out,
by substituting subsystems, that the problem is with the motherboard. I'm
pretty sure he is correct.

Does anyone hoist a red flag before I commit to Mola's installing a new
motherboard?

Charlie