[Novalug] Linux Pro Magazine

Jared Smith jaredsmith@jaredsmith.net
Mon Aug 23 17:28:11 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Peter Larsen
<plarsen@famlarsen.homelinux.com> wrote:
> LAST one? The whole dump says .NET - hillarious. But most likely because
> the company behind LinuxPro runs a ton of other magazines and really
> doesn't support open source at all. Gives you cause to wonder a bit
> about the magazine though.

Most large magazines don't handle their own subscriptions -- they pay
outside companies to manage their subscription lists for them.  In
general, the attitude is "Let's concentrate on what we do best
(building magazines), and let someone else do what they do best
(manage subscriber lists, handle complaints, etc.)"

-Jared Smith