[Novalug] Monitor Resolution

Maxwell Spangler maxlists@maxwellspangler.com
Thu Aug 5 02:22:55 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 11:00 -0400, Dan Arico wrote:
> I need a bit of help with something.
>
> I'm running OpenSUSE 11.2 on this computer. I have a Hanns-G HH201 monitor,
> which has a 1600x1900 resolution. I'm running it at 1280x1024 because that's
> the highest the system is allowing. My graphics card will do that resolution
> so it has to be something in the system software.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get at any configuration files that will do it?

As root

# Xorg -configure

should make an /etc/X11/xorg.conf (fedora/redhat location) file that can
be posted here for review and edited by you.

You can try

# gtf "1600" "900" "60"

and it should output xorg modeline for a 1600x900 @60hz refresh rate
display mode.

Copy and paste this into your /etc/X11/xorg.conf's Montor section and
modify the "Screen" section to add "1600x900" as an available
resolution.

I haven't tested any of this so you may have to try and report back for
more help.

--
Maxwell Spangler
        Linux, Unix and Database Administration