[Novalug] fanless (or very quiet) tiny linux server?

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Tue Apr 27 14:22:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:20:05PM +1200, Mark Smith wrote:
> anyone got any recommendations for a fanless or very quiet tiny
> linux server?  it needs USB 2.0 (for disks) and a 1Gb nic would
> be ideal... also some kind of console capability?  just looking
> to host some basic home services including a few disk drives.

Linux Format magazine recently had a positive article on
the Tonidoplug.  If I remember correctly it was based on
the SheevaPlug, ran a modified version of Ubuntu 9.04,
had 0.5GB RAM and 0.5GB storage, and the USB 2 and 1Gb nic.

  http://www.tonidoplug.com/

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing