[Novalug] Samba / Old Ubuntu installation

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Tue Apr 20 16:04:45 EDT 2010

Data can be a virtual storage, or it can be physical that the virtual guest
accesses directly, through the host.  We actually have 14 figures (10s of
terabytes) of data dedicated to some of our paravirtualized Xen guests.
KVM, VMware and other hypervisors also have paravirtual hardware
drivers these days, among other things, and allow direct access.

As far as your question, where do they access it from?  What services?
Or just on the system itself (shell access)?

________________________________
From: LinuxBodger <linuxbodger@gmail.com>

These are good ideas.  I am a firm believer in Virtual Servers, but am
unfortunately stuck with my current situation.

Question for you both.  This client has over 600  gigs of data that need to be
accessible from this server.  I can't imagine creating a virtual server this large.
Is there a better way to do it?