[Novalug] Ubuntu LTS for web/email server

Brander Snaxe brandon20va@yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 13:12:08 EDT 2010

I agree with Bryan. Use LTS on production servers unless you have a good reason not to.

As a developer/tinkerer, I run Arch on my laptop to avoid "upgrading" and use LTS on any server I plan on hosting or developing for.

This combo serves me well. LTS for servers, Arch for development. On the development machine I use VirtualBox to host any "target" OS.

Being able to get support on certified configurations can only make one's life easier. Why cause headaches doing something you alone may have to support? No thanks. I'll spend my time telling my vendor to fix my problems and play around on Arch, read a book, do something 'value-added', etc. when I have down time.