[Novalug] Autocad file viewer (dwg)

Theodore Ruegsegger gruntly@gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:50:28 EDT 2010

Bryan J Smith  wrote:
> Which DWG version?  Understanding saying DWG is like saying DOC, with
> AutoDesk's history on breaking its own version compatibility much like
> Microsoft's.  ;)

Delicious, especially since John Walker, founder of AutoDesk, rails
against Microsoft for this very failing:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/comptoolsExcel.html

Sorry, nothing to add to the thread topic, just thought this was funny.

ObGNU/Linux: For those interested in the application described in the
link, I understand the Excel version can be made to run under free
software spreadsheets like gnumeric or OO, but I recommend the
platform-independent web version:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html

Ted