[Novalug] xinetd (solaris!) issues

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Tue Apr 6 19:23:46 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 10:37:33PM +0000, jecottrell3@comcast.net wrote:
> While I am sure that you are correct*, this Just Seems Wrong...using an Unreliable Data Protocol (yes, I know the U stands for Users, but how many of THEM are reliable?) to make Reliable Data Backups.
>
> JIM

Your post made me remember what a dinosaur I am.  I'd forgotten
that the recent versions of amanda allow several alternative
authorization protocols to be specified on a client by client
basis.  Some of these use TCP.  So the accuracy of my comment
is dependent on the OP's configuration.  For the default, or
for older amanda versions, I believe it was accurate.

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jon@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing