[Novalug] Going Green >> Lizardfest Anyone???

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Thu Sep 24 14:06:47 EDT 2009

Unfortunately open source survives on contributors, heavily
so over the Internet and electronic means.

Although if your company pays for on-site consultants, Technical
Account Managers (TAMs), etc..., then vendors can give you such
an avenue.  But it's far too expensive for them to do such in general.

Or didn't we learn this from Sun?  I.e., who suddenly found that their
hardware sales were subsidizing their software costs. ;)

----- Original Message ----
From: James Ewing Cottrell 3rd <JECottrell3@Comcast.NET>

No, i do my bug reports here in an "informal" manner. My negative
experience with requesting a Mozilla Enhancement cured me from ever
filing another bug report that wasn't directly related to work I was
getting paid for.

However, I'd be happy to sit down with an Engineer from Novell and show
them EXACTLY what's wrong with the YAST Software Manager, the program
that lets you select packages sometime.