[Novalug] ISO: users of Linux, Free Open Source Software used for non linear editing of video, sound or 3-D Graphics or Animation

Justin Swain justin.swain@gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:35:52 EDT 2009

DCLUG, Wednesday, 21-Oct-2009. I am to present *"Linux, Free Open Source
Software used for non linear editing of video, sound or 3-D Graphics or
Animation or modification of or creation of still images."
*

While I have used GIMP and some of the sound player/editor programs I need
hear from other experienced users.

*Meeting Details** -- date, time location and directions:*

 Visit: http://dclug.tux.org/dclug_meetings.htm<http://dclug.tux.org/dclug_meetings.html>

 I would like to talk with persons who currently use any of the following:
Free Open Source Software for post production or streaming web video or
multi camera controller.

If you or the FOSS user is will to do any or all of the following . . .

   -

   Talk with me on the topic over the phone
   - Email a description of working setup
   - Operating System
      - Linux Distribution and version
      - Application names and versions
      - URLs you feel to be helpful references
      - Hardware
         - CPU(s) -- model and speed
         - Motherboard
         - RAM
         - Graphics board
         - Peripherals
      -

   Do a video recorded interview
   -

   Be recorded while using computer/software demonstrating use of systems
   and applications or tools to create your production product.
   - Provide contact info for systems builders you are satisfied . . . local
   or via internet
   - Metro Washington, DC systems builders that have a positive track record
   for building this kind of editing system

My goals are to create a series of programs to inform and promote use of
FOSS, Linux, production apps/programs/tools. Creating a series of web based
presentations to create an awareness of, use and promotion of FOSS and
similar applications/products.

Justin R. Swain - videowashdc.biz 202.four seven oh.2067 (0830- 2345 Hours
EDT 7-days a week) -- after 2 rings calls forward to cell phone

Member of ArlingtonMedia.org, DCTVonline.tv, wifv.org, TIVAdc.org and
ALA.org