[Novalug] asus eee pc 900 Ubuntu distro hardware

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Thu Sep 17 18:20:53 EDT 2009

Doug Needham wrote:

> I suspect it is a possible power supply issue, but I have yet to open it
> up. I intend to do that while the kids are at school so I can focus and
> not lose any tiny pieces.
>
> Question to the group: Has anyone had this particular type of netbook?
> Has anyone had any physical issues with them?

I fixed a friends before (upgraded memory and the SSD) and there were
lots of screws but I don't remember it being very complicated to
open/get access. At least no more so then any laptop. Less so then your
typical VAIO. If you do in fact get nothing, no lights or power
indicator, then I'd check the PS. A multimeter should let you know if
its functioning or not.