[Novalug] Deleting folders that link to other folders

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Tue Sep 15 21:57:18 EDT 2009

Is it safer to use the command line unlink command to delete a link to a
folder than to try and use a GUI folder tool like Nautilus?

I have some folders that were linked to other important folders that i
need to delete and I do not want a repeat of last week's "accidently
deleted the contents of a folder when I tried to delete the link to the
folder" episode.

This question got lost in the mail list malfunction.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com