[Novalug] [Off-topic] Anti-government v. Libertarian-minded citizens -- WAS: NSA Job -- How many of you have clearances?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Tue Sep 15 11:57:07 EDT 2009

From: Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi@gmail.com>

> He said:
> "When is the Second American Revolution going to begin, this year or next?  If
> you think that the pen is mightier than the sword, then wait until 40 million
> Americans grab their guns, go to Washington, march on Capitol Hill, and start
> shooting."
> Source: http://calypso.tux.org/pipermail/novalug/2009-July/020171.html

See, this is what I mean.  Sounds like an honest-to-goodness American
Libertarian to me.  In fact, the "start shooting" isn't about threat, it's about
the reality that Libertarians believe a little revolution every now and then
is good, and will act upon it at some point.  American Experiment 101.

I won't deny that some use variations in Congresses and/or Executives
to excuse their increase or decrease in vocal complaint.  But there is an
increase in the last decade or two over the approach government is taking
to monetary flow.

In all honesty, I think this started in the '70s, and is wholly unrelated to any
Congress and/or Executive.  Each has had an approach that has starved
off the inevitable, and I blame the general American consumer and worker
for it.  But that's off-topic.  ;)

I'm more concerned that my diversified investments will be taken away from
me by foreign governments in response to the US defaulting on its loans
within the next few years.

-- Bryan

P.S.  Isn't this the "DPKG rule the world" guy?  Something I said
about "not taking anything off the table" would readily apply to
someone without work right now.  I don't like to see anyone without
work, regardless.

 --
Bryan J  Smith           Professional, Technical Annoyance
Linked Profile:         http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith