[Novalug] [Ma-linux] NSA Job

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Tue Sep 15 08:51:59 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 07:49 -0400, Jay Hart wrote:
> Well, I must say I missed that.  But do note, it doesn't say you have to have
> a clearance to apply, only that you need to get cleared to be hired.  Meaning
> Paul still has a chance on this one.  Anyone has a chance for this job, if
> your nose is very clean.

One has to be careful that the requirement isn't actual someone with an
existing Secret (fully adjudicated investigation) so they can obtain an
interim Top Secret (and an eventual, TS with SCI/Poly).  I've seen some
head hunters foul that one up with candidates before.

Given the economy, there are a lot of head hunters out there that have
added themselves into the public sector and defense-related industries
that have absolutely no familiarity with the system.  Sure, their
employer or parent company might have a Cage Code, but they don't know
what they are doing to the detriment of the candidate (let alone
security of personal information).

At one point I considered going about getting my own Cage Code, because
of the foul-ups involved as well as the fact that it takes weeks upon
weeks of "debate" with contracting firms on how little they should take
in overhead because I found the position (not them), am not interested
in their paltry benefits, etc... and am only involved with them because
I don't have a Cage Code.

--
Bryan J  Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
Linked Profile:       http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith