[Novalug] NSA Job -- How many of you have clearances?

marlowe@antagonism.org marlowe@antagonism.org
Mon Sep 14 21:07:39 EDT 2009

> Jay Hart wrote:
>
>> Paul,
>>
>> Here is your chance to get back into the IT field:
>
> Jay,
>
> 	Thank you for your help but, uh, no thanks. I am trying to leave the IT
> field as quickly as I can. If I remain in the IT field, then I shall
> remain unemployed -- 15 months and counting.
>
> 	Another factor: Fort Meade is probably too far for me. I have heard
> that the commute into Maryland (over the American Legion bridge) can be
> brutal.

Actually I made this commute for several months.  Depending on the hours
(I did 0700-1500), the commute is not so bad.  Also keep in mind, I took
the Gtown Pike to avoid the backup by the toll road.

> 	I have noticed that many of you think that the job market is excellent.
> I wonder how many of you (who hold this opinion) have security
> clearances. I would love to know.

I am one with a clearance.  Unfortunately in this area, I find it a
neccessary evil.

Patrick