[Novalug] debugging slow download from several sites

covici@ccs.covici.com covici@ccs.covici.com
Mon Oct 26 16:27:52 EDT 2009

Hi.  I have Fios and I am trying to debug why I am getting slow
downloads from several websites -- dsl is faster in those cases!  I
tried using a program called mtr, but it didn't tell me too much --
there was some packet loss between some of the  hops, but not so much
that it should have caused such a drastic slowdowns.  I am thinking that
Verizon is messing up, but some sites, like Microsoft, go at full speed,
so maybe that was not correct.  So the question is, how can I tell who
is doing this to me?

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?