[Novalug] [Off-list] Re: database schemas

Opus opus@slowlanecafe.com
Mon Oct 26 12:25:20 EDT 2009

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Big-time correction here ...
>
> MS Access is a 100% _front-end_only_ solution.  A huge mistake people
> make is that MS Access is a "back-end."  It has never been and will never
> be a "back-end" database.

Yes, you are correct.  I guess when I started looking at Access back in
the 1990s (I started on Access 2.0) I knew that it uses Jet as the
actual backend, and then later learned that it could be used to create a
UI for MSDE.  However, because Jet is the default, it comes with Access,
I don't know of any other UI products that use Jet, and most people
using Access use Jet, it seems to me that Access and Jet have become
pretty much synonymous.

--
Andy Anderson
Salisbury, MD, USA

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."
                                                     - Anonymous