[Novalug] OO Writer editing question

Rich Goodwin Rich.Goodwin@cox.net
Sat Oct 24 17:06:38 EDT 2009

Since many of us espouse OO as a good alternative to M$ Office, I am
hoping someone readily knows the answer to a question I have.  I am
working on a proposal that was sent in MS Word (assume pre-2007 since it
is a .doc file).  TRACK CHANGES has been enabled.

How do I "turn off" the TRACK CHANGES in OO?  I don't have to send the
edited document back - rather edit the file, print it and then sign &
scan the result - no digital signatures don't work (not an approved
technology yet) and I can't sign a .doc file with OO anyway ... huh???
That is a different issue for a different time.

I have scanned the options several times and don't see it.  I know there
is a way.  But it bothers me that this is not something rather evident
for normal users to see/find.  Again, the usability of OO is a different
topic for a different time ... OK I'm being selfish.  I really want to
know how to turn off changes and then talk about the OO usability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich