[Novalug] need help: server freezing / locking up

Richard Ertel richard.ertel@gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 10:14:21 EDT 2009

actually, on the 1.0 TB drives (the ones in the MD RAID-1 array, which
rebuilds and possibly causes the lockups)... no.

now that's on my to-do list.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:10, Jay Hart <jhart@kevla.org> wrote:
> Have you run any vendor diagnostics on your drives?
>
> Jay
>
>> @Jay:
>>
>> problem is, it locks up before the array is ever rebuilt. which leads
>> me to think that the process of rebuilding the array is the catalyst
>> for whatever problem is causing the lockup.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 22:17, Jay Hart <jhart@kevla.org> wrote:
>>> Richard,
>>>
>>> Once your array is rebuilt with two drives see if you can operate that way
>>> for
>>> awhile.  If things seem to be working, shove the other two drives back in