[Novalug] [OT] New programming langugages based on JVM -- was "Scala users"

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Thu Oct 22 14:44:34 EDT 2009

I'm gonna have to disagree here. Once you know a bunch of languages,
each new one is No Big Deal. And besides, who's to say you have to use
ALL the features of a language right away?

You can take a C program, throw it at Ruby, Perl or Java, clean up the
syntax, and you're pretty much there.

Now if you're gonna start mapping functions, using closures, and
evaluating strings on the fly, well, then you've moved into language
specific areas.

Actually, upon reflection, I agree with most of what they said...I'm
just saying that learning new languages isn't all that hard, especially
when you have existing code in front of you.

JIM