[Novalug] [OT] New programming langugages based on JVM -- was "Scala users"

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Wed Oct 21 17:17:49 EDT 2009

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> As much as the engineer in me dislikes Java byte code's stack-based
> machine approach, there's something to be said about standardizing on
> a single byte code and standard class library.

What's wrong with Stacks? I guess you don't much like Forth, or
Postscript. Don't take that statement seriously, as both have their
limitations as far as serious development work.

But the stack engine at the lower level is just one of many possible
implementations, and doesn't show up in the Java Language at all.

Furthermore, I see no reason why someone couldn't make a JVM that wasn't
stack based, as long as it behaved the same way.

I'm Alright Jack, Keep Your Hands Off My Stack.

And by the way, which register's pink?

JIM