[Novalug] [Fwd: Delivery status notification] -- Mailman probably down

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Wed Oct 21 15:19:49 EDT 2009

Okay, before this thread turns into people assuming I'm looking for
supporters, understand that was not my intent (I didn't start the thread
that brought this on).

To summarize ...

1.  Every single person has the right to ask me to leave the list.  If just
one person does, I will only help people off-list and not post.  That's
"full BS veto power" -- just takes 1 person to ask, honestly.

2.  The irony is that it is rarely anyone does, because they'd rather just
use me as an excuse to complain on-list, or blame me for a thread
(regardless if I started it, was the top poster, etc...).

This has been my history in several forums, hence why I adopt #1.  If
just one person wants me not to post, I honor it.  I'm not looking for X
people to defend me to stay on-list.

I'm just asking for 1 person of typically a few that wants to use any
avenue to complain about me to just finally ask me to not post.  That
solves it nicely for the list because I don't post for 3-6 months (or longer)
and the list continues on regardless.

Instead of seeing the baits and comments and complaints.  Although
I can't lie that it's funny when someone says weeks later, after another
series of flamewars starts up and won't end, "boy I'm glad X asked BS
to leave so we don't have any annoying posts and flamewars any more."

From: Michael Hans <mhans@oqtol.com>

I welcome your ideas personally, i know I've silently learned a few things.