[Novalug] Interesting post on Community (like us)

American Dave novalug@soupy.org
Tue Oct 20 19:05:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 06:47:12PM -0400, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> You see, I read mail anyway, and you're Just Another Folder to me. I
> don't have to GO anywhere.

The "go anywhere" point is important.  After a while you
accumulate all kinds of logins to things on the net.  OpenID can help
here, but there's still a renewed trend to lock people in walled gardens.
Think how social networking sites email you, to let you know you've got
email inside the social network site.

-A. Dave