[Novalug] best hard disk setup for home file server?

Richard Ertel richard.ertel@gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:28:06 EDT 2009

i have a movies directory, then inside that, each movie is in it's own
directory. ditto with tv shows, each series has it's own directory
inside the "tv shows" directory.

my main interest in keeping one big filesystem is effecient use of
space. if i have separate filesystems for each kind of media, then
what happens when i load up proportionately more movies than tv shows?
i might run out of space on the movies filesystem, but still have
plenty of room in tv shows. feels more complicated from an end-user
standpoint, but i see the argument for it being technically more
sound.