[Novalug] xorg.conf

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Fri Oct 16 14:15:15 EDT 2009

Bryan J Smith wrote:
> They don't have to take a range, and can be discrete.

Well, a discrete number is a range from itself to itself, but i'm
splitting hairs here ;)

> But why are you defining any at all?  I haven't had to define a
> range since the '90s.  Virtually all the drivers do VESA DDC and
> other "plug'n play" detection of scan lines and resolutions.

leapfrogging, really. I probably installed it under 5.2 when it was too
new to be included in the model list. maybe the 5.3 packages know about
that particular model.

i'll try system configure-display again and see what happens.

mine is the x223w, 1680x1050.

jim