[Novalug] How to gut &^*%$& Firefox??

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Sun Oct 11 03:04:44 EDT 2009

Bryan J Smith wrote:

> That there's really _never_ a need to worry about the small size that
> locale increases a distro.  As I mentioned in another post, I don't
> think it even equals GLibC on its own.

well, of course no, because they put all the wee beasties *in* glibc,
which i believe was also a bad choice.

over half of red hat's sales are non-u.s.? that doesn't bode well for
linux adoption here, unless people are using centos and fedora instead.

one distribution (to rule them all?) is fine ... just do a better option
at making all that international stuff easy to strip out ... and PLEASE
make Posix/C a locale choice too!

KTHXBYE,

loljim

p.s. another, non-obvious, but totally evil package is "specspo"