[Novalug] How to gut &^*%$& Firefox??

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Thu Oct 8 17:14:42 EDT 2009

i can see where you would want to not have things on your system
that you don't explicitly want, but on the other hand, users are
worldwide and not just the USA.  if a swede starts up a firefox
instantiation from their newly installed linux system and it just
works isn't that better for all linux users the world over?  that's
doubly true if it just works out of the box for a windows system.

i'm not entirely sure if i agree with the strategy, but that's
probably because i haven't really thought about it.  i can definitely
see why it would help though.

on the flip side, what harm is it doing being there?  it's using
up your disk drive a bit, but in a world, where it's not uncommon
to have a couple hundred gig on a new system, it's not even a scratch
on the platter.  if you happen upon a japanese page it'll render
correctly.

it just seems like the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.  disk
drive is "free" and you get added functionality for your that
investment.

--
Mark Smith
mark@winksmith.com