[Novalug] How to gut &^*%$& Firefox??

American Dave novalug@soupy.org
Thu Oct 8 13:56:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 12:46:28PM -0500, Beartooth wrote:

> 	So far, I just watch from to time for the blasted stuff to reappear,
> knowing it will. When it does, I close Firefox, and run the command
> again.
>
> 	What harm am I doing that way?

Well, the rest of my previous mail was an attempt to explain that.  In
short, package managers are very much in control of modern distros.  If
you delete files under package control, things like rpm verify fail and
newer versions of the package install the files again, among other
things.  In this case, that's not so bad.  Simply remove the languages
again, or roll your own Firefox.

Other operating systems aren't necessarily like this, so it helps to
differentiate Linux from them.
-A. Dave